Pages

Monday, July 26, 2004

1. When did you first start blogging?

I started blogging in August of 2001, but I stopped after a few months. I restarted my blog on September of 2003 when I got laid off. So if you think about it, I haven’t really blogged for very long. It continued very much in the same vein as when I first started. I experimented in formats and style. I was looking for what resonated with me in terms of blogging.

I guess I went through the same questions that most people go through when they start a blog (the same questions you ask here). Why am I doing this? How much do I want to reveal? How can I ruin my ex-boyfriend’s life? These questions ultimately led to what you see in No Milk Please now.

The site is a work in progress. I think that my writing style is still developing. I think that I am still finding my own voice. Sometimes it rings true. Other times, I sound like I am coming from the very dark, dank tunnel that is my ass. I am trying to balance humor and social commentary but with specific personal events. I think that this would ultimately resonate more with people. Because every word, while ostensibly contrived, has in its heart a true event or emotion in my own life.


NEXT: Online Matchmaking at Blogger?


back to no milk please next question
use arrows to navigate


---
Questions by Cindy from MSU

No comments: