Pages

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Poetry


Sometimes the reading of a poem evokes in me a thrill, a giddiness and melancholia. Sometimes, I despair at the beauty of the words and I rail at the unfairness of my own incapacity. Then, I kick myself for using words like "rail" and "incapacity." What a tool.

These are the poems that I love and posted in NMP. Some I have found while reading issues of The New Yorker magazine. Boy, they should be paying me a commission for promoting their fucking magazine.

Chinese Poem by J. D. McClatchy
To Boredom by Charles Simic
First Love by Yehuda Amichai
The Diver's Clothes Lying Empty by Rumi
Suddenly There's Poughkeepsie by Grace Paley
Living by Jason Shinder
Where My Feet Once Walked by Yehuda Amichai
First Snow by Louise Glück
Driving Home by Charles Simic
Stone by Charles Simic
Otherwise by Jane Kenyon
i carry your heart with me by e. e. cummings

-----
Also:
Cartoons - These are the cartoons that have appeared in NMP.