Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Wanda Sykes: It's Harder to be Gay than Black

Wanda Sykes in a CNN Interview:


“I’m not talking about the history of black people, of African Americans. I’m talking about at this point right now… I don’t know of organizations and groups like Focus on the Family and such anti-gay organizations who are putting up so much money – millions and millions of dollars – into stopping me from, you know, being black or telling me I can’t exercise my blackness," she said.

"There’s no equality. There’s no equality for the LGBT community.”

Some people are going to criticize her because she's famous and rich and that's why it she has this view. But the reality is, while there is no denying that there is hatred and inequality against black people, there is no concerted effort to deny the rights of a minority like there is against gay people. And it's ok to call gay people fags and bullying is tolerated in all levels of society.

No comments: