Pages

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Other Voices - Archived Quotes 2

"The Bush Terror Alert Timeline corresponds closely to whenever Dubya Inc is put under closer scrutiny. I am shocked, shocked to hear that the use of terror alerts would be used in such a crass, craven and blatantly political manner. Why, what else could they be doing that is dishonest?"

- Will Brady
short notes

---

"Who I love is as much a part of who I am as the blood that runs in my veins or the electricity that powers my brain. And if I love someone else [of the same sex] consensually, then what have I transgressed? Who have I offended, besides some deity, whose actions and thoughts we only know of as translated through the narrow mind of humanity?"

- AmazonChyck
AmazonChyck's Blog - Ipse Dixie Duck

---


"Because I love you, and only because I love you so fucking much, I edited my entries from last night. I censored myself ONLY because I love you enough to do that. Next time I won't."
- Kendall
[Cynically] Smiling

---

"Initially, I was angry when I read his profile, but the anger soon faded and after the wave of nausea passed, I felt I had to humiliate him. And ok, he isn't attracted to Asians, he's entitled to his opinion, but I'm entitled to mine."
- Jon
The Fash Mag Slag

---

"I absolutely love the way the sand feels under my feet and walking ankle deep in the cool water of Lake Michigan, the warm summer sun on your face. That is Summer Bliss."

- Paul Pellerito
thoughts to fill an empty room

---

"A, E, I, O, U
Arrogant. Entitled. Insensitive. Oblivious. Unmannered.
It's a bit more rare to see all of these qualities on display at once, but congratulations, Film Geek #1, you earned the quintuple crown."

- Jerry
Why Jerry Why

---

"My first stop? The Corn Palace, in Mitchell, South Dakota. I couldn't pass it up. Why not? Because it's, well, a palace. Made entirely out of corn. I had to stop."

- Artichoke Heart
A Pillow Book from the Land of Artichokes

---

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning! Four friends. Five days on a beach in Florida. Mass alcohol consumption while catching up on lives and looking at hot men. And no talking about mother-in-laws..."

- Pua
The Abyss

---

"For some reason I've been thinking a lot lately about the little things in life that bring a smile to my face. This isn't brought about by some silly survey. So I will impart to you some of my favorite things, using the John Cusack in the movie High Fidelity system of Top Fives. (see the list)"

- Samantha Love
no one dare disturb the sound of silence

---

"I finally decided to sod it all and look for a writing job. Many people lifted their eyebrows, [but] I was productive. I even began to send out my fiction to various sources for publication. For months after, I got rejected. Yesterday, however, I got a rejection letter which has greatly encouraged me..."

- Daniel
Muses & Musings...

---

"Americans need to recognize what a few Republican legislators are trying to do. First they took away some constitutional rights with the Patriot Act. Now they want to destroy the checks and balances put in the Constitution by its creators. These people need to be voted out of Congress. Enough is enough."

- Marcia Ellen
Life As It OUGHT To Be

No comments: